Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Potty Training Help!

So I HATE potty training. I hate it so much I would pay someone to potty train my kids. I have been trying on and off for over a year to potty train Ryker. I have done everything! I have set timers and when the timer goes off we sit on the toilet, nope. I have treats for when he goes, I have a huge toy he can play with when he goes. We got underwear that he likes,  we talk about where pee and poo goes. He has only gone to the bathroom once on the toilet, he normally goes shortly after I let him get off. I don't make a big deal about his accidents, we talk about where pee and poo goes and leave it at that. I let him play games or watch movies while he tries to go, still no success. I have dyed the water blue so it turns green when he goes. I have put cheerios in the toilet and told him to hit the Cheerios. I know it is not an issue of controlling when he goes because he can hold it all day.(I know because he did this the other day) I have no idea what to do! I am lost and very very frustrated. I know they are supposed to do it at their own time but he is 3. He shows all the signs of being ready, so now what? Please help! I am losing my mind.

1 comment:

  1. I used a method called "3 Day Potty Training." It didn't happen for me in 3 days, but I kept with it and after 1 week he really had it down. It took a little longer to get the pooping thing down, but he hasn't had an accident in weeks! It teaches you how to do night training too. It's a lot of work and dedication, and I got pretty frustrated when I hit day 4-5. But Zack is trained now, so it was worth it! Let me know if I can help more. Even if you need moral support, someone to come and entertain the twins while you focus on Ryker. Anything! I hear you. It sucks SO BAD but boy, once it's done, it's worth it. He'll get it! Let me know if you want more details on what I did. I love you to pieces! He'll get this. That is what I had to keep telling myself over and over. As long as I wasn't enabling him and I kept it up, he was going to get it and he would stop going in his pants. :) Let me know! Love you!

    ReplyDelete